Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Reigster at Microsoft Surface Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Best Handwriting to text app?

I'm looking for a free and simple app that will convert handwriting to text as simply as possible. Tried onenote and evernote and not sure they will work for what I need. I just need a notepad looking app that I write in then hit a button and it is now text. So far I have not found anything that is that simple.

Member #
    My Device
    RT
    Liked
    262 times
    Do you have the Pro or RT? Which version of OneNote did you try? You can also use the built in keyboard writing to text for any app like Word or even plain old notepad.
    “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Need help navigating Windows? Try here: How To: Overview, Features and Navigate Windows Mouse and Touch

Looking for apps? Try here: Windows App Stores

Member #
    I have a Surface Pro

I'd like a stand alone program to write in and literally hit one button when I'm done to convert my handwriting to text. I don't like doing that through the default keyboard as it disrupts the writing flow.

so, I open program I write in it, I hit a button and everything I've written is now text.

Does such a program exist?

Am I missing something with Onenote cause I have not seen how to do this in that program and evernote was a serious cludge when trying.

Member #
    My Device
    RT
    Liked
    262 times
    Which version of OneNote did you try? The free Modern IE version or full Office version (which year)?
    “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Need help navigating Windows? Try here: How To: Overview, Features and Navigate Windows Mouse and Touch

Looking for apps? Try here: Windows App Stores

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    117 times
    in DT One note under the draw tab hit Ink to text or Windows Journal you have to Lasso what you write than convert to text,
    Last edited by tonyz3; 05-03-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Member #
    I've used the free one note, not the paid office. So is their no free app that can do this? Seems like a pretty simple thing but I'm not having much luck here, the free metro one note has no way to convert to text that I have found.

Journal is a pain with the lasso stuff and after it's done it seem to dramatically change the font size of the text.

I just want to write and when i write I will write within the lines and be pretty close and just hit button and the converted text is int he right place and ready to print.
    Last edited by swanlee; 05-03-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    I've used the free one note, not the paid office. So is their no free app that can do this? Seems like a pretty simple thing but I'm not having much luck here, the free metro one note has no way to convert to text that I have found.

Journal is a pain with the lasso stuff and after it's done it seem to dramatically change the font size of the text.

I just want to write and when i write I will write within the lines and be pretty close and just hit button and the converted text is int he right place and ready to print.
    Well you cant have your cake and eat it too.. You can do what you listed above in the paid version of One Note-- so buck up cheepo...jk.., i have not tried it in the free version - anyone else know if you can with it.....I dont get the font problem with WJ..

Member #
    I tried in the free version and their is no option to convert handwriting to text that I could find. Wish their was maybe a 5$ app on the windows store that could do this, I'm not interested in going full on paid Office just for this one feature.

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    117 times
    Well there is this app, they have a free version w/o Hand writing convers and than the premium with it. But it is not $5. http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/725644d9-518e-4f97-8aac-1cb2d2235887

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    117 times
    I just noticed there is an in app trial for English Handwriting conv if you dont want to pay for all languages. You can even try it first before buying - in the free app look for add on store. the Eng conv addon is $7.99. If you get it report back how it works....thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads