This hack worked with unreadable results. I was trying to add computerpoweruser.com so I can read the online magazine. It now loads the page, but it's a bunch of meaningless arrows and empty boxes.
Weird, but after I turned off the Surface and tried it again a few minutes later, it's working great! Thanks.
Last edited by Nukum; 01-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Hi there> I have found the list but I really don't get how to add the website. I am getting really frustrated. the list is opening in a IE window. thanks for your help. If you can only guide me into how add them. thanks. MikeHi folks,
MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:
- Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Intern etExplorer\IECompatData
- Here you can find a section with:Code:< Flash > < domain >domain1.com< / domain > < domain >domain2.com< / domain > < / Flash >
- add your domain as following:Code:< domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
- Save the list
- Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
- Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"
Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express
Okay, I have followed all the instructions, deleted the history, re-booted etc but I only have sound and no video (wife trying to watch television on tfc.tv). Any ideas?
Hi, I just got my Surface and started to use it to stream video from gogoanime.com, I've followed all your instructions but I don't understand where "TOOLS" is located? Am I supposed to be at the desktop display, and if so, where is tools located? Thank you!
on desktop internet explorer, I think you press the alt button and you will see the menu tab.
This is not working for me.
I tried doing:
<domain docMode="EmulateIE9" versionVector="9" uaString"9">www.cokeandpopcorn.ch</domain>
as well as all the other thing mentioned but still no luck
You don't need the "www." And you don't need the docMode line. Search for "/flash" and add the domain just above the "</Flash>" tag.