This hack worked with unreadable results. I was trying to add computerpoweruser.com so I can read the online magazine. It now loads the page, but it's a bunch of meaningless arrows and empty boxes.
Weird, but after I turned off the Surface and tried it again a few minutes later, it's working great! Thanks.
Last edited by Nukum; 01-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Hi there> I have found the list but I really don't get how to add the website. I am getting really frustrated. the list is opening in a IE window. thanks for your help. If you can only guide me into how add them. thanks. MikeHi folks,
MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:
- Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Intern etExplorer\IECompatData
- Here you can find a section with:Code:< Flash > < domain >domain1.com< / domain > < domain >domain2.com< / domain > < / Flash >
- add your domain as following:Code:< domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
- Save the list
- Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
- Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"
Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express
Surface RT 32+64 Touch Cover | Acer Aspire S3 Windows 8 Enterprise | HTC Windows Phone 8S
Okay, I have followed all the instructions, deleted the history, re-booted etc but I only have sound and no video (wife trying to watch television on tfc.tv). Any ideas?
Hi, I just got my Surface and started to use it to stream video from gogoanime.com, I've followed all your instructions but I don't understand where "TOOLS" is located? Am I supposed to be at the desktop display, and if so, where is tools located? Thank you!
on desktop internet explorer, I think you press the alt button and you will see the menu tab.
This is not working for me.
I tried doing:
<domain docMode="EmulateIE9" versionVector="9" uaString"9">www.cokeandpopcorn.ch</domain>
as well as all the other thing mentioned but still no luck
You don't need the "www." And you don't need the docMode line. Search for "/flash" and add the domain just above the "</Flash>" tag.