Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Reigster at Microsoft Surface Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #

Article Stating Weak Microsoft Surface Sales......What Do You Think?

Member #
    My Device
    RT
    Liked
    76 times
    I don't trust their research. I wanna know where Microsoft stands a year from now, once they've had a full year of exposure.
    32GB + 32GB Surface RT w/Type Cover MSI MS7778-W8P-3.4GHz-12GB DDR3-2TB HDD MSI K9N Diamond-W8P-3GHz-4GB DDR2-500GB/250GB/120GB/80GB HDD Nokia Lumia 820 WinPhone

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For a device that has a completely brand new OS and hardware, and has sub par exposure for the only 2 months that its been available, being sold at only 2 major retail stores and 13+ Microsoft stores and online, I think sales went as expected if not better.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Unfortunately a year from now for any device is unheard of with the way technology is moving forward. Surface needs to make their mark, now , before summer.

Member #
    My Device
    RT
    Liked
    13 times
    Frankly, I would not be surprised if sales are weak as they aren't selling them in the retail stores where a huge percentage of the population shops. Put them in Walmarts across the country and sales will go up.

Let's face it, a lot more people shop at Wally World than Best Buy.

Member #
    My Device
    RT
    Liked
    262 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar1969 View Post
    Unfortunately a year from now for any device is unheard of with the way technology is moving forward. Surface needs to make their mark, now , before summer.
    I don't think he meant give it a year to build and see how MS is doing at that time but meant that it is to early to tell how well (or poorly) things are going for MS and the Surface at this time. We won't really know how it went until we can look back over a year and see how things went.

Quote Originally Posted by gpstrucker View Post
    Frankly, I would not be surprised if sales are weak as they aren't selling them in the retail stores where a huge percentage of the population shops. Put them in Walmarts across the country and sales will go up.

Let's face it, a lot more people shop at Wally World than Best Buy.
    Weak sale are relative. If you are comparing to Apple products, sure they are weak. But considering all the factors you just took into account then the sales might not be "weak" given the limited distribution and projected targets based on that.
    Last edited by J515OP; 01-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Need help navigating Windows? Try here: How To: Overview, Features and Navigate Windows Mouse and Touch

Looking for apps? Try here: Windows App Stores

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am not surprised. My own experience is something of a testament to what is happening. I found out about the Surface almost by accident months before it came out. I was very motivated to buy one early until the reviews came out. The reviews were mixed with some saying it was the best device ever invented and others saying it was complete junk. That led me to doubt until I went into a store and used the Surface.

I have friends with similar experience. When you have a first generation product and mixed reviews, people are going to stay away or at best show reluctance. But using it is quite convincing. I have been letting people use mine to show them how good the Surface is and how wrong the bad reviews are.

Apple has a lot of power and influence behind them on top of a good product. I am not saying they are paying for bad Surface reviews. But when people are bought into a product, they tend to stick with it.

I would not expect Microsoft to unseat Apple in the first 3 months. It has taken Android and Samsung awhile to beat the iPhone. Microsoft has been out of the game for years. It will take Microsoft some time to get back in. I just hope they have the confidence to stick with it.

Member #
    i think they need a price cut to 499 with a cover without office. then sell the office suite afterwords or it can be downloaded when you buy reg version. the whole problem is the politics of microsofts partners getting angry if they price the surface cheap.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I know that Microsoft is advertising the Surface a lot in the USA (especially product placement like in Elemental). Here in Germany I haven't seen a single advertisement, also the only way to buy one is through the official store (I would have loved to try one out in a at a local retailer). The standard payment procedure also requires a credit card, which isn't quite that popular here - so yeah, I'd say at least in Germany the sales probably are really weak. And it probably looks the same in other european countries.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Microsoft made two mistakes 1) Limited amount of stores to buy at the beginning of product cycle 2)the pricing was a huge turnoff for people .

I remember when the first Ipad came out and sales were quite tepid... and now look at the juggernaut. I think as more quality apps come out for the system, over time Surface rt sales should be good....and where the surface rt lacks, Surface pro will pick up the pace (hopefully

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads