Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Reigster at Microsoft Surface Forums
    Member #

UK Surface 2 / Surface Pro 2 availability (John Lewis)

Just a heads up, I am looking to buy a surface pro 2 tablet and spoken to john Lewis who have confirmed they will be stocking the surface tablets "as close to the release date as possible, although we cannot confirm when this will be".

I would very much recommend waiting for these guys rather than ordering direct. For anyone that is unaware, john Lewis provide an additional year warranty on ALL tablets (so 2 years), which on one of these where you cannot change the battery, is worth a lot!! And anyone that knows john Lewis knows they are very much a company that will honour this without too much fuss.

Just thought I'd share, I'm not affiliated with them at all.

Member #
    My Device
    S2
    Liked
    162 times
    Don't some Waitrose places have a John Lewis sections? If this is so, then the Waitrose near my place which has such a section does not stock the Surface. They only stock iOS, Kindle and Android tablets, but they do seem to have a selection of Win 8 laptops. No Surface of any kind though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kristalsoldier View Post
    Don't some Waitrose places have a John Lewis sections? If this is so, then the Waitrose near my place which has such a section does not stock the Surface. They only stock iOS, Kindle and Android tablets, but they do seem to have a selection of Win 8 laptops. No Surface of any kind though.
    Waitrose is just the supermarket business of john Lewis, they are one and the same. Must not stock it due to size of the shop. Can always get it online mind. They were the first uk third party sellers of the original surface's after all.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy bolt View Post
    Just a heads up, I am looking to buy a surface pro 2 tablet and spoken to john Lewis who have confirmed they will be stocking the surface tablets "as close to the release date as possible, although we cannot confirm when this will be".

I would very much recommend waiting for these guys rather than ordering direct. For anyone that is unaware, john Lewis provide an additional year warranty on ALL tablets (so 2 years), which on one of these where you cannot change the battery, is worth a lot!! And anyone that knows john Lewis knows they are very much a company that will honour this without too much fuss.

Just thought I'd share, I'm not affiliated with them at all.
    warranty only cover faulty product i dont think battery count if it is working fine

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kristalsoldier View Post
    Unfortunately my local Waitrose don't sell Surface products either... loads of Apple stuff though! Kinda annoying. At least they had a decent display in Currys.

Ads