Thread: Antivirus for Surface Pro

Member #
    My Device
    Other
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooevil View Post
    I have used many different ones.
    My bit defender just expired....loved it.
    For 2 weeks I have been using webroot antivirus/firewall. I think its great. I like it because it does not have features I'll never use like cloud storage, parental controls Etc. Try the trial and you will see how well it works...
    Joe

New Egg was running this:

bitdefender Total Security 2013 - 3 PCs / 2 Years Software - Newegg.com

Not sure if its still available. I had a code that made it 19.99 - looking now. Promo Code: EMCYTZT3259 and free shipping.
    Last edited by machistmo; 04-14-2013 at 05:15 AM.
    The Surface RT's failure was not due to consumers having inflated or misguided expectations of it, but rather RT's failure to meet even the lowest of either. -me

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If you check Frys.Com now and again, you can usually pick up security software free. Normally with a manufacturer rebate, so you pay up front, but in about 60 days, or that's been my experience, you will get your rebate. I used that for Kaspersky and again for BitDefender. I just purchased Webroot from them for $14.99 and it's licensed for 3 computers, Mac or PC (and I have both) and no rebate hassle involved. Seemed like a fair deal so... we'll see. I'll be putting it on the Surface Pro, initially anyway, to see how it does. I'm currently using the BitDefender Free product and I'm actually quite pleased with that. Hardly notice it's there (hope it is??!).

Junior Member stevenrossvanduyn's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

bit defender

Quote Originally Posted by phubai View Post
    If you check Frys.Com now and again, you can usually pick up security software free. Normally with a manufacturer rebate, so you pay up front, but in about 60 days, or that's been my experience, you will get your rebate. I used that for Kaspersky and again for BitDefender. I just purchased Webroot from them for $14.99 and it's licensed for 3 computers, Mac or PC (and I have both) and no rebate hassle involved. Seemed like a fair deal so... we'll see. I'll be putting it on the Surface Pro, initially anyway, to see how it does. I'm currently using the BitDefender Free product and I'm actually quite pleased with that. Hardly notice it's there (hope it is??!).
    Im using it on both my surface pros with out any problems

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenrossvanduyn View Post
    Im using it on both my surface pros with out any problems
    That's good to hear. So far, I like it and will be moving two other PCs to it as well. It's hardly noticeable yet has passed all of the tests I've thrown at it fine. I like their support as well. At least their forums as that's all I've looked at.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads