* Hold Volume Up key from the device to power it on. Put your USB drive into the USB 3.0 port.
* From start screen, open charms bar, tap Settings > Change PC Settings > General > “Restart Now” button under Advanced Startup.
* Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings >
Reboots into startup setting screen
* In Startup Setting screen, disable early launch anti-malware protection. Shuts down and turn it on again.
* Do the step 2 again. In options screen, tap on Use a device > UEFI: *** (like UEFI: SanDisk Cruzer 1.26).
Oh and here is a video of how to do it: ( I like Videos)
And a link to the WindowsNoob site on SCCM deployment of Windows 8 to Surface Devices.
How can I deploy Windows 8 X64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro using Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 - Configuration Manager 2012 - www.windows-noob.com