Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Reigster at Microsoft Surface Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Surface Pro vs Desktop + Surface Pro?

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    108 times
    Yes cheers, I did come across that one. But 6 feet is much bigger than I need. I know there's 3 foot, but only in white, why!? I know I'm fussy... I found a Mini DisplayPort to DVI cable yesterday (I don't require sound, it goes to an external amplifier) but it's DVI-I and my monitor's input is DVI-D! Typical.

I don't know whether to stick an adapter on my monitor (won't look great sticking out) or just accept that I've got to use a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    277 times
    I read up some on the Push2TV thing and it seems that that will only mirror your SP and not do an extended desktop. Could be wrong, but since they never come out and say it will do extended, I assume it won't. Sucks cause that would have been uber-cool.

Still, I am really enjoying using my desktop as the main office machine and using SyncToy to keep my SP up to date. Much easier to take written notes on my SP when I'm on the phone if I can just hold it like a pad of paper without any cables hooked to it.

For me, any device that uses a pen really almost needs to be an accessory because you need the positioning of it to be the most flexible.

Member #
    My Device
    Pro
    Liked
    277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuspieds View Post
    Can't you find them on Amazon? Worst case, let's say it is easy for you to get Mini DP to Full DP adapter, then you can get an HDMI to full DP cable.

One cable is obviously better, though, and this is the most recent one I purchased.
    So that cable you linked to works well for you with the SP? My current (incredibly overpriced) MS DP to VGA adapter doesn't work well with my monitor because for whatever reason the monitor looks like crap with anything but HDMI input.

You have no connection issues without the beveled plug edge?
    Last edited by mitchellvii; 07-02-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Member #
    My Device
    S2Pro
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kayzee View Post
    Yes cheers, I did come across that one. But 6 feet is much bigger than I need. I know there's 3 foot, but only in white, why!? I know I'm fussy... I found a Mini DisplayPort to DVI cable yesterday (I don't require sound, it goes to an external amplifier) but it's DVI-I and my monitor's input is DVI-D! Typical.

I don't know whether to stick an adapter on my monitor (won't look great sticking out) or just accept that I've got to use a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
    I'm that fussy as well but, hey, at the end of the day you gotta go with what works.

For example, with the exception of my iPhone/iPod charger cable, all my cables were black. I loved it! But then I fell out of love with my black Bluetooth keyboard and Wedge mouse. I eventually settled on two new products which I dearly love: The Macally Bluetooth keyboard and the Apple Magic Mouse. Both only come in white. Not my first preference in color, but they work the best for me and I love them, so I've had to learn and accept to look past the color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads