10.5 hours today!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by mtalinm, Nov 14, 2013.

1. mtalinm

mtalinm Active Member

at desk by 8:45 am. Left the SP2 open on the desk while taking notes until 6:45 pm. Screen saver came out several times, but I don't think it ever went to sleep. Then walked home and got another 30m out of it before it shut down at 5% left.

If it seems too good to be true, some details:

* was not on WiFi at the office, only at home. (certainly ran down faster there)
    * Bluetooth off
    * screen down low, probably 20% but still quite visible
    * not running Office until I got home, just OneNote for the most part

Still, I was blown away at how long it lasted. Methinks I'll be slipping into airplane mode when I want the longest battery life (will keep me from getting distracted, too!).

1 person likes this.
  2. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Good going! Whack on the Power Cover and we have over 12 hours :) not that I personally need that but great for some...

3. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    Nice results. The screen is always the biggest power hog on any mobile device, so it makes sense that 20% with the lights out would work out well. So both wifi/bluetooth off. Good to know. There's been discussion around about the effects of turning bluetooth off while wifi is on, and apparently that actually increases battery drain--Jeff's thoughts about it here (I thought it was a bug that was fixed):

I ran my Surface 2 test with wifi on and bluetooth off, which makes me wonder what sort of hours I can post with both on. Hm!