What's new

13/14 inches Surface Pro on the way

unruledboy

According to Taiwan media, Microsoft is developing 13/14 inches Surface Pro, targeting enterprise users.

That's exactly what I want!

Clovismod

A rumor from Digitimes, the site prophetizing a few weeks ago the end of the Surface line because of the poor sales of the SP3 .

So taking a large breath and waiting...

Last edited:

Clovismod

Now, it would be a great move, only if Ms doesn't discard the current SP3 size. Larger SP would be hardly tablets, but they would be superb ultrabooks with their added touch and pen features. If classical ultrabooks may be touch and pen ready, the SP kickstand the best way with its 150° angle to use pen on screen, or by poing the SP on a flat...surface :)

ctitanic

Now, it would be a great move, only if Ms doesn't discard the current SP3 size. Larger SP would be hardly tablets, but they would be superb ultrabooks with their added touch and pen features. If classical ultrabooks may be touch and pen ready, the SP kickstand the best way with its 150° angle to use pen on screen, or by poing the SP on a flat...surface :)
To me 13 or 14 will be too big and heavy.

Clovismod

It wouldn't be a tablet of course, just an hybrid between an Ultrabook and a drawboard. We're living in an hybridation time :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me 13 or 14 will be too big and heavy.
Too big and heavy as a casual use tablet but would be lighter than a laptop or ultrabook with the flexibility of a tablet. It would really be a direct competitor to ultrabooks in a different form factor.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
MS committed to businesses to keeping SP3 size maintaining compatibility with accessories. That does not mean other sizes wont be released just that there is a future in the size(s) made.

Kif

Hmmm, interesting. I bet Microsoft is playing around with different form factors but it's hard to say if any of them will ever see the light of day.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next up, 20 inches and 27 inches. :)

27 inchers come with wheels. :D
in this size there will be room for a custom chipset to support dual or quad i7 5xxxU chips for either 4 or 8 core systems.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt we'll see this as the SP3 accessories have been confirmed to work across the board with the SP4 (Keyboards, Docks, etc.), specifically for the Enterprise Space, this has been stated by both Satya Nadella and Panos Panay (who I was with yesterday :) ).

mohcho

Not likely to happen. The 12" 3:2 form factor is awesome. I do agree that the high resolution isn't all that great for reading websites, etc but I think it's just because I'm old. :)

When I think of big tablets, all I can think about is the Dell XPS 18. My friend has one for his "kitchen" computer and it works in that environment.

gsmarena_001.jpg