What's new

13/14 inches Surface Pro on the way

mitchellvii

Not sure what the benefit of a 13 or 14 inch screen would be over a 12 inch screen? Same resolution and screen will just look worse and you can pretty much do anything at 12 inches you can do at those larger sizes. Makes no sense.

B

B'midbar

Jeff - your comment .....and Panos Panay (who I was with yesterday :) ); next time you see him give him - and the Surface Team - my best wishes as well.

B'midbar - Your question to Jeff "Don't suppose you got a release date out of them for the SP4? ;)". Jeff answered "Nope". I hope you did not expect any other answer. Because if he gave it, Jeff would likely get a new job as Supervisor and sole technician at the Windows 95 help desk in McMurdo Sound, Antarctica.

Humor aside, ...
< This. Lighten up Frances.

Not sure what the benefit of a 13 or 14 inch screen would be over a 12 inch screen? Same resolution and screen will just look worse and you can pretty much do anything at 12 inches you can do at those larger sizes. Makes no sense.

Depends. I guess (hope?) it depends upon how well, much they're listening to the user community. If they minimized the bezel, didn't amp the resolution too much and went Bay Trail SoC I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 13" or 14" unit, particularly if it maintained backwards compatibility with accessories. For my use case, if they also had 12 or 16GB RAM they'd nail it as a true 2-in-1 ultrabook replacement, IMHO.