What's new

2013 battery driver?

Peacy

hey guys

first post here, had my surface pro a few days now i5 4gb 128gb, battery seems abit poor and does drain in sleep, ive been reading and I see that updating the battery driver from 2006 to 2013 helps the issue.

ive just done the big update, when in try and update the driver via device manager it tell me that the 2006 driver is up to date.

how to I get around this? can I download the 2013 driver manually?

thanks

In my opinion, I don't think that battery driver was correct. I think it was an issue with the update server. I can no longer update it now either, but I'm OK with using the 2006 version.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my opinion, I don't think that battery driver was correct. I think it was an issue with the update server. I can no longer update it now either, but I'm OK with using the 2006 version.
Right, it said NEC Systems or something, I don't think that was the driver meant for these devices either.

OP
P

Peacy

From what ive read the battery is made by NEC?.

Is there not a manual download for this driver?

My battery drains abit too quick and when its in sleep mode.

I don't think the battery driver will help you there. Have you generated a sleep study report and see what it might say?

powercfg /sleepstudy /output "path"

For me, the biggest thing I see sucking up power during sleep is the video card.

OP
P

Peacy

no
I don't think the battery driver will help you there. Have you generated a sleep study report and see what it might say?

powercfg /sleepstudy /output "path"

For me, the biggest thing I see sucking up power during sleep is the video card.

no I haven't tried that mate.

cant get it to run either in command prompt.

this is my first windows device in a while aswell lol...

OP
P

Peacy

right got that to work thanks.

but I don't really know what I'm looking at

edit, seems the gpu and cpu are draining the batter in sleep, gpu been worse offender.

OP
P

Peacy

Still draining is sleep mode with new driver and and wifi off on battery power

Closed the sp4 up last night at 11pm with 68% battery, come to it this morning at 9.30am and it had 27% battery.