What's new

2tb external hd

kundas1

kundas1, I will retake my class in reading comprehension, if you enroll in a civil charm school. :)

dood don't be a baby, I was just merely correcting your wrong assessment, now I could have been rude and said "dood don't you know how to read?!!" he said it was for him on a boat! " LOL but I didn't did I? ;)

olimjj

dood don't be a baby, I was just merely correcting your wrong assessment, now I could have been rude and said "dood don't you know how to read?!!" he said it was for him on a boat! " LOL but I didn't did I? ;)

Wait, I said "civil charm school" ? , I meant annoyance management training.
A rose by any other name would smell as ................

What assessment? I was merely making an alternate suggestion, albeit for a mistaken (carelessly read) location.

"He wants to use it on a boat:)" would have been a better choice. Notice the use of the emoticon.

OP
S

sean_scouser

its not a yatch i work on a cable laying vessel with really slow internet am here for 4 weeks then home 4 weeks same rota all year

i though it would be better dragging them onto surface cause though if surface is powering hd on usb it would drain battery quicker plus if am laying in bed it would be easyer positioning the surface without the hd plugged into it

malberttoo

its not a yatch i work on a cable laying vessel with really slow internet am here for 4 weeks then home 4 weeks same rota all year

i though it would be better dragging them onto surface cause though if surface is powering hd on usb it would drain battery quicker plus if am laying in bed it would be easyer positioning the surface without the hd plugged into it

Hi Sean,

I like your idea, it should work well. A small number of external drives don't work, because they are not receiving enough power from the USB port to work properly. Out of 4 drives, one of mine is that way. A few members have reported the same issue, but most seem to be fine.

Good luck at sea! :cool:

OP
S

sean_scouser

yeh thanks i might take my hd into the shop before i purchase and plug it into a display model see how it goes

just waiting round now till am next home and can purchase my surface

will be great not carrying a heavy laptop with me everytime a travel

malberttoo

yeh thanks i might take my hd into the shop before i purchase and plug it into a display model see how it goes

just waiting round now till am next home and can purchase my surface

will be great not carrying a heavy laptop with me everytime a travel

I love mine to pieces! Let us know what you think when you get yours.

OP
S

sean_scouser

will do cant wait like , spend most my time reading posts on ere on tips n tricks , also the good and bad points what surface did you go for thinking about gettin the i7 256gb , prob wont need the extra power just cant help me self

malberttoo

will do cant wait like , spend most my time reading posts on ere on tips n tricks , also the good and bad points what surface did you go for thinking about gettin the i7 256gb , prob wont need the extra power just cant help me self

Well since you're asking, I'm going to tell you. Most of the knowledgeable guys on this forum will tell you the i5 is the sweet spot. Microsoft has flat-out said that with the i7, there is to be expected extra heating of the device and additional cooling fan run-time and noise.

My advice is, and other will say the same- unless you're positive you're doing something that demands an i7, then save your money and go with the i5. It is a sweet machine, and you won't be missing a thing.

bluegrass

I spent a couple years on a yacht based in Norfolk back in the days when 99% of the equipment worked with tubes. You'll enjoy having a selection of vids to watch on your Pro bro. Have fun. No problems with most 2.5' USB drives.

OP
S

sean_scouser

yeh will do thanks , just waiting now till i can buy it

by reading what everyones been putting going for the i5 8gig ram 256hd as i only watch films tv on it and browse the web that should be ample enough for them tasks

kundas1

yeh will do thanks , just waiting now till i can buy it

by reading what everyones been putting going for the i5 8gig ram 256hd as i only watch films tv on it and browse the web that should be ample enough for them tasks

definitely!