What's new

4k video slower on Chrome vs IE

ChiGGz

Just got the 128GB i5 tablet and the experience has been amazing. One of the best things I love about this is watching 4k Video...just breathtaking.

But this brings me to an issue, I have always been a diehard Chrome user and I'm sad to see that watching 4k Video on Youtube studders often whereas IE doesn't. Chrome does a much better job of buffering than IE but it seems to be processing slower.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

kundas1

not only that, but if you wannna use chrome , then you have to use the BETA version to get better results...

OP
C

ChiGGz

I did do a search on this sub forum on Chrome and the prominent issue was Chrome keeping the CPU active. But this was supposedly fixed with ver 37/38+. I've likely misread something, so back to IE and let this topic sink to the bottom.

Thanks all.

daniielrp

I did do a search on this sub forum on Chrome and the prominent issue was Chrome keeping the CPU active. But this was supposedly fixed with ver 37/38+. I've likely misread something, so back to IE and let this topic sink to the bottom.

Thanks all.

Which version of IE do you use? Metro or desktop? I've had bad experiences on youtube with IE where the video just stops after 10mins and will not load anymore, so taken to using Hyper for Youtube.