What's new

4k videos and movies

kundas1

go on youtube, they have like 10 pages of 4k vids..not movies as there isn't movies released in 4k yet... the closest you can come to is download a Blu-ray movie in MKV format but those are HUGE! like 30GB but I'm sure would look gorgeous on the SP3

OP
bulls96

bulls96

go on youtube, they have like 10 pages of 4k vids..not movies as there isn't movies released in 4k yet... the closest you can come to is download a Blu-ray movie in MKV format but those are HUGE! like 30GB but I'm sure would look gorgeous on the SP3

I've tried ripping Bluray movie but the highest is 1080p.

mtalinm

Amazon, too. the biggest selection is said to be on Ultraflix, but they are focusing on built-in apps for 4k TVs. they also have an Android app...which only helps if you have a phone or tablet with 4k resolution...doubt Chromecast can handle that

Ordnas

Surely your better off watching 2k movies on the sp3 as it has a 2k screen. 4k seems a bit of a waste on a 2k screen or am I missing something?

bluegrass

Surely your better off watching 2k movies on the sp3 as it has a 2k screen. 4k seems a bit of a waste on a 2k screen or am I missing something?

I think you're correct. The OP must have an external 4K monitor. I don't so I'm not sure if you can configure a 4K monitor to it's 4K resolution or not.

mtalinm

2140 * 1440 = 3110400, so that's 3k unless I'm missing something.

My 4k monitor (34" LG curved) is on the way... can't wait to try it out