What's new

5 ways Windows RT is better than full Windows

jrioux

It isn't free software though, you paid for it as part of the purchase price when when you bought the Surface. You're not really that naive are you?
Okay, so I paid $500 for Office in the purchase price of my Surface RT? So that means that Microsoft paid me $250 to take my new Surface off their hands. If that's the case, I'm really pissed that my version of Office doesn't have that 2% of features that I'll never use.

malberttoo

It isn't free software though, you paid for it as part of the purchase price when when you bought the Surface. You're not really that naive are you?

There's no way any of us know whether it was "free" or not. Microsoft sets the price of it's products, and it's fully possible that they could have included a somewhat security-hardened version of Office to sweeten the deal. We all get that you're not happy about what came with the RT, you've made point, time to move on.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ultimately the result is Windows RT and with it Office RT failed. Was it because if the n% of features they left out? Probably. Desktop was not even left out; just not made commonly available to developers. In the end it all backfired and I am not confident that they learned their lesson from the mistake.