What's new

8.1 Update 1 fixes tap and drag!!!

Among the nice touches of Windows 8.1 Update 1, MS finally fixed the Type Cover 2 tap and drag bug. Can't speak for the touch cover, but I assume both are fixed.

Among the nice touches of Windows 8.1 Update 1, MS finally fixed the Type Cover 2 tap and drag bug. Can't speak for the touch cover, but I assume both are fixed.

:eek:mg:

Thank god. I got rid of the type cover 2 partially for that reason. I found it near impossible to find the left mouse button without having to look at the touchpad. I'd consider buying one again, but now I'm holding off for the power cover.

Any other changes you're noticing? I'm a bit reluctant to make the jump to this...

I may be high but it seems to have fixed the high CPU utilization issue with mSD cards as well! Tested it quite a bit and not getting 20-30% at idle, finally!

yikes false alarm, after a reboot im still getting the high utilization. for some reason it didn't happen until my first reboot after the last KB was installed

Last edited:

kevinlevrone

What was the bug, can you explain ? And what is behavior now ?

I installed the Update 1, everything seems to be working fine, Internet Explorer seems quite a bit faster.

Sihaz

I may be high but it seems to have fixed the high CPU utilization issue with mSD cards as well! Tested it quite a bit and not getting 20-30% at idle, finally!

yikes false alarm, after a reboot im still getting the high utilization. for some reason it didn't happen until my first reboot after the last KB was installed

I've got a class 10 sandisk 64gb micro sd in my sp2. skydrive folder is on there and all my default file locations are in skydrive . Also got tons of Rosetta stone data on there though all my apps are installed to the built in storage. Mine idles at 1 or 2 %... haven't forced the update yet, not brave enough!

What king of card are you using and how is it set up?

BenClegg

I've done the update and the bug IS STILL there. anyone else comment on the double tap issue?
Mine is the Pro 2 type pad

BenClegg

Ok ignore that, I'm an idiot
I didn't read the post fully and haven't installed the leaked version, but it would be great if they have fixed it :)

Dim-Ize

I haven't updated, but my tap (right thumb down and hold) + drag (right pointer moves) works fine all the time.

Eve

I have updated and now there is a slight delay when I press the mouse button, I assume it's the timespan in which the system expects a second tap to detect it as "drag". Is there a way to tweak the time? As it is it seems too long for me.

Did anyone test whether this is a firmware upgrade, or is tap to drag entirely handled in software? Does the new behavior stick when booting with previous versions?