What's new

8.1 update 1

munakib

On the process of downloading all the components, will let you guys know once i make the jump.

lparsons21

Thanks. I think I'll just wait!!

I'm in the process of switching from Mac to Win8.1 over the next couple days and don't need a 'leaked' version to confuse me!! :)

I think I'm going to hold off too. Most of it seems oriented for desktop who are confused by the new UI. There also might be some firmware updates coming out this month that prepare for it.

Although, as mentioned in another post, Update 1 is supposed to fix the tap and drag issue with the Type Cover 2.

Sir Face

I still haven't figured how to get the update. Where do you find it or do the update? when I check for updates my 2 Windows computers says there's no updates available... huh?

kevinlevrone

Kickasstorrents has it. Download and install at your own risk. It isnt the official way to update.

It's a Windows update, for God's sake. It's not like you install an Android firmware and brick your phone. If it's digitally signed by Microsoft, it's ok to install, it's a PC, there are countless officially supported ways to get out of a bad install.