What's new

8/13/13 Update - better battery?

demandarin

Has anyone noticed, in their startup apps, an "Amd Dual Core Optimizer" program? I just seen this now in there for the first time. I wonder if it came with the new update. Seems strange because I thought Intel and Amd were competitors. I doubt if any desktop game I've installed from steam brought this. Just curious as to what it is and where it came from.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone noticed, in their startup apps, an "Amd Dual Core Optimizer" program? I just seen this now in there for the first time. I wonder if it came with the new update. Seems strange because I thought Intel and Amd were competitors. I doubt if any desktop game I've installed from steam brought this. Just curious as to what it is and where it came from.

That is a very old AMD Utility that was used to enhance game performance on AMD CPUs and shipped and occasionally with some PC games circa 2004 - 2008....

Last edited:

rstrube

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note. You can now download and install this update manually. Microsoft periodically provides a manual download for the drivers and firmware. You can DL it from here. In addition you can follow the instructions from here to manually install the new drivers and firmware.

Happy updating!