What's new

9/15 FIRMWARE

dld44

This driver update broke my micro SD card again. SP3 I5 128GB with a SanDisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Card (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA), Windows 10.

Because of a concern that this might happen I deferred the installation of the driver until yesterday, after not seeing any evidence of this problem occurring with the new driver in the various forum threads. I turned the SP3 on this morning, new driver installed, and again could not access my micro SD card, drive D. I had previously fixed the problem by replacing the Realtek driver with the generic USB Mass Storage Device driver 10.0.10240.16384 (on August 23 -- see this thread ). It had not failed, even once, since getting rid of the Realtek driver. Until today, with the new driver installed. Different Realtek driver level, same problem.

I also had another problem this morning where all my network attached drives were no longer mapped, and I had to remap them. But unless someone has some specific ideas about this within the context of these drivers, I suspect that this is an unrelated problem.
Dave D

VickiFL

My 9/15 firmware update has yet to re-install, so I'm going to try to get into the Microsoft store today to see if they can help.