What's new

A fun completely useless pen trick!

mitchellvii

If you (for some reason) have been longing to draw on your SP without actually touching the screen with your pen try this.

Hold a piece of cotton cloth (like a t-shirt) over the tip of your pen then hold the pen about 3/4 of an inch from the screen. You will see that instead of the cursor appearing the pen actually writes. Don't ask me why. I stumbled upon this when I was wondering if someone could design a felt nib for the end of the pen to have a more marker like feel and i wrapped my t-shirt over the pen tip.

This works in OneNote, don't know about elsewhere.

riggi

It is explained a little here [video=youtube;Thod_N0fnj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thod_N0fnj4[/video]
Galaxy Note and Surface use the same digitizer technology. I actually use the Samsung SPen with the holder as my main pen for the surface as it's a lot more comfortable to write with and has less variation I accuracy and different pen angles.

cienveryon

i tried what you told, but nothing happens.
the pen writes not by touching the screen, but by the force on the nib. so if your pen was close enough to the screen, and you exert force on the nib of the pen, it will writes. this maybe the reason.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

i tried what you told, but nothing happens.
the pen writes not by touching the screen, but by the force on the nib. so if your pen was close enough to the screen, and you exert force on the nib of the pen, it will writes. this maybe the reason.

Ah, as incredibly brilliant has I am, lol, that hadn't occured to me :)