What's new

A Good Way To Visit SurfaceForums.net

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You are likely to find very useful information on SurfaceForums.net if you watch "Active Topics", rather than just visit a particular sub forum. As long as you are signed in, you will be able to see and jump to the entries you have not yet read.

Tip: The best way to visit "Active Topics" is to create a shortcut to this URL:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/find-new/posts?recent=1

This is a clean well-lighted place (Hemmingway) to share your Surface-related thoughts and experience.
Enjoy!

Screenshot (195).png

Screenshot (196).png

johnj2803

I use tapatalk app on my surface and it notifies me of new posts in my subscribed thread, messages and the like...

It actually notifies me of the other forums new activity as well.

It also has a feed view which is actually useful since its a summary of the new things happening in the forums you visit often.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Tapatalk works great with this forum on my iPhone. I supplied the URL for those whom use multiple devices and operating systems, but sync their favorite shortcuts.

johnj2803

Yes, Tapatalk works great with this forum on my iPhone. I supplied the URL for those whom use multiple devices and operating systems, but sync their favorite shortcuts.

I'm just curious. If you log in to tapatalk, you can sync your favorite forums across devices in different platforms too... Can you please explain how yours is different?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I travel widely. Tapatalk is often blocked from corporate Internet access, hotel business centers, Internet café and kiosks, and other places with aggressive advertisement filtering. Tapatalk is partially funded by popups.

But the direct URL to SurfaceForums.net always works.

Tsurugaya

I travel widely. Tapatalk is often blocked from corporate Internet access, hotel business centers, Internet café and kiosks, and other places with aggressive advertisement filtering. Tapatalk is partially funded by popups.

But the direct URL to SurfaceForums.net always works.
How about the paid version? The Windows version is kind of mentally challenged compared to the Android version today I use the most, and I can't say that I've been blocked in the paid version. But I'm not sure if there is a pay alternative for Windows.