What's new

Accessing Remote Access - Font

scottyb159

I have a surface Pro 3. When accessing my firms Remote Desktop the font for my screen is TINY. While very sharp its not readable. Is there anything I can do on my end or does it need to be solved from the other end (in which case I doubt I can do anything.). Seems crazy that I have this great screen but its not useable.

GoodBytes

I can read the small text just fine. at an arm length even.
But, in your case, you need to increase the DPI of the system you are connected to.
Or you can use Windows built-in zoom feature (Win key + [+/-] key)

OP
S

scottyb159

Maybe I didn't explain well. I access our system at work remotely through a https site. So jot sure how I would use other software?

ynohtna

No they are saying the RDP application doesn't understand the scaling of the display in windows 8.1 so it will present in native resolution of the SP3, that's why it's super small. They propose another app that can handle this situation better.

For me, I don't mind so much only because I have 24" monitors connected, so when I put the RDP screen on those external monitor, it's perfect :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP
S

scottyb159

No they are saying the RDP application doesn't understand the scaling of the display in windows 8.1 so it will present in native resolution of the SP3, that's why it's super small. They propose another app that can handle this situation better.

For me, I don't mind so much only because I have 24" monitors connected, so when I put the RDP screen on those external monitor, it's perfect :)

Sorry for my confusion. I access OWA from internet explorer not from RDP. So I am confused as to how I would use this other third party software.

jims

Along this same vein I have a similar issue. I'm trying to remote access my desktop from my surface pro. I sent the invitation but the surface can't open the file suggestions?
thanks
Jim