What's new

Ad-Hoc connection working (Workaround...)

Billy64

Finally I achieve to connect my SP3 to Internet through Adhoc Wifi tethering with my Galaxy S4 (using Android Barnacle App)

The solution is not perfect because I had to buy a USB Wifi Dongle , (NETGEAR G54/150 Wifi USB Micro Adapter) but it is very cheap, 16€ (at the FNAC shop) and very small (16x7x7mm).

I used this method https://social.technet.microsoft.co...46fa/windows-81-connecting-to-ad-hoc-networks

But with the Inboard MARVELL AVASTAR Wifi card it was impossible to connect

when I use only the inboard Marvell card and I type
>netsh wlan show networks

I can see my ad-hoc network but when I type
>netsh wlan set profileparameter <MySSID> connectiontype=ibss

I always have the message "Can't find <MySSID> on interfaces":-(

When I do the same operation with the NETGEAR Wifi Dongle it works!!!!

Hope this helps,... and avoid you to waste your time trying to solve things that were working perfectly on previous Windows Versions (until 7)
20141101_155955.jpg

Nicola

It's not an issue with the OS, while it seems to be related to the Marvell chip drivers.
Of course, yours is not a real solution.

OP
B

Billy64

It's not an issue with the OS, while it seems to be related to the Marvell chip drivers.
Of course, yours is not a real solution.

Yes I know it's not an issue with the OS and it 's problem of Marvel chip , but the OS doesn't helps in simplifying
things, WHY Microsoft removed the Ad-Hoc, it was so simple in Windows 7?

I agree with you it not a real solution , but meanwhile I can travel and stay connected.

I only want to to share experience with a device which is working, nothing else.
Hope someone find a "real Solution" soon

OP
B

Billy64

It may not be as elegant as a $3000 call girl but it seems real enough and gets the job done. :)

;-) My "other girl" is only 1.250€/$ (SP3 i5 256GB)

But what I don't understand is why in a 1250€/$ device they can't include a 16€/$ device that do the job.. :-(