What's new

Adobe Lightroom

bulls96

Trying to learn this program. Find it hard to navigate thru pictures. Is there a way to scroll thru pictures like swiping thru the built in photo app? And I cannot seem to make it full screen in viewing photos.

Thanks.

HvT

Hit f-key for full screen. More hotkeys:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS18e2013dd74eab5fe275e2711d1b186fe9-8000.html

Lightroom is used to support your picture workflow. It is not optimized to be used for touch screens. I personally like to examine details (resolution/sharpness/colors/...) by touching into a picture. LR zooms into the touched area, you can move around.

For viewing, you might want to look into the diashow module. This module as also not touch optimized, but designed to present pictures.

CrippsCorner

Thought I'd add to this as I have a question. Literally only just started using Lightroom this week... I was wondering, how do you make a selection where changes will only effect that part of your photo?

For instance I have a photo of a lizard on a branch but when I get the colour right on him, it's turning the branch green too!

silkrooster

If you have the latest version, the touch up brush, will auto mask as you paint. If you hold your cursor over the pin the mask will be highlighted. You can then use a modifier key to remove the mask as you paint if necessary.
You then adjust the sliders as necessary.
Finally you can add more pins if necessary.