What's new

Advice about PDF app

Cancuino

Hi all, I'm new to Surface and I'm looking for an app that allows me to write with the pen on the PDF file.

Which one do you recommend me?.

Thanks.

they all need improvement, depends on exactly what features you need, but drawboard pdf, which comes with the surface, is really great once you figure out some of the techniques.

OP
C

Cancuino

Thank you larryg, I've read on the internet that the surface comes with drawboard pdf but mine didn't come with it. I've also read that people who didn't have it on the surface were able to get it for free. I'm not sure how to do it.

try going to the store and downloading it and see what happens. I had to reinstall mine, it was listed as a trial, but is fully functional.

Philtastic

I like Xodo - www.xodo.com
Also recommend Xodo which is free. I stopped using Drawboard because it had terrible bugs that took them months to fix. The bug that was the last straw was one that kept it using ~20% CPU all the time it was open which would drain my battery.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I sign and modify contracts with "PDF Markup". Works great on my Surface Pro 3, and Surface Books.

kristalsoldier

I sign and modify contracts with "PDF Markup". Works great on my Surface Pro 3, and Surface Books.

I was wondering if you have compared PDF Markup with other competitive apps like DrawBoard PDF and Xodo. If yes, could you summarize your observations please? And, also are you using the PDF Mark up app from the Windows Store or did you buy if off the BlueBeam site? Thanks in advance.