After 8.1 update, Surface RT 32GB will not charge and will not reboot

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by gman1868, Apr 9, 2014.

1. gman1868

gman1868 New Member

Last night I updated my RT tablet with the 8.1 update. Today when I connected the charger, no light. Before rebooting I looked at the battery icon and it appeared full. I tried rebooting the tablet. After the Surface splash, I got a low battery indicator and it shuts itself off. I've connected the charger for an hour and it still won't boot up. Aaaaand the warranty only recently expired.

I haven't found anything via google, anyone else have the problem?

2. ibenzawla

ibenzawla Member

Sorry to hear that. I updated mine last night as well and so far so good. I must say that the update process was a bit strange as I had to abort it a few times and even a manual restart before it finally got beyond 65%. But at the end I charged it and restarted it and working fine right now. In fact there is a noticeable improvement in keyboard and mouse response and overall performance appears to be better as well. But admittedly its still early to say.
    What you may consider doing is doing a soft and then hard restore but only after backing up your stuff. Good luck.