What's new

After Patch - The Microsoft Office Document Cache Encountered a Problem

tuchas

I have Office 2013 running on my SP3. After the 9/9 update a bunch of Office 2013 patches came through as well, and now when I go into the desktop, I get the infamous "The Microsoft Office Document Cache Encountered a Problem" error. And when I try to repair the cache, it says another process is running - so I keep clicking "try again" and nothing happens.

I Googled this and tried fixing this, but every time I reboot this error comes back. And now I cannot access OneDrive. This is awful. Any suggestions???

malberttoo

I have Office 2013 running on my SP3. After the 9/9 update a bunch of Office 2013 patches came through as well, and now when I go into the desktop, I get the infamous "The Microsoft Office Document Cache Encountered a Problem" error. And when I try to repair the cache, it says another process is running - so I keep clicking "try again" and nothing happens.

I Googled this and tried fixing this, but every time I reboot this error comes back. And now I cannot access OneDrive. This is awful. Any suggestions???

I have nothing that will help you really. My SP3 did that straight out of the box, as soon as I installed Office I think. I never could get it fixed, and finally ended up Restoring the SP3 to fix other problems besides that. It never came back after that.

I hope someone here may have some better advice!

mcsenerd

Ok. I had this too (and I've had it before as well...as have countless other folks apparently). Now for me, I moved my OneDrive local folder to my SD Card the other week. Now, mind you, this was working perfectly without any issues for at least a week and a half until the latest update. When I booted for the first time after the update, I too got the cache crap. Here's what fixed it for me (so far at least):

Open up Task Scheduler (swipe in...go to search...type Task and then click on Task Scheduler)
Once opened, click on the Task Scheduler Library...
Then, on the right, you'll see a task called "Microsoft Office 15 Sync Maintenance...", right click it and choose Properties...
Click the Triggers tab...Highlight the "At log on" trigger and click on the Edit... button...
Under Advanced settings, you'll see the "Delay task for:" option checked and it's likely set for 1 minute...
Change the time in the box to 2 minutes...click OK...then OK
Exit the Task Scheduler and reboot.

Hopefully on the reboot you won't see the issue again. That worked for me, but YMMV.

I know this isn't going to go over well, but I had some other issues with Office recently. I tried all the fixes online and the only one that worked was to uninstall/install Office again. :(

OP
tuchas

tuchas

I had to uninstall Office 365 and reinstall. That fixed the problem, but then I needed to reset my OneDrive. I had MS Support do it for me via remote desktop. So far so good.