What's new

After the last major update, I'm having battery issues.

Mudig

At first it seemed that my SP3's battery was far more efficient on Windows 10 after the update, but something strange seems to happen. Either the battery indicator on the toolbar is giving me the wrong information or something is wrong with the battery. When the battery goes down to around 25-30 percent, my SP3 unexpectedly completely turns off without any warning. I try turning it back on and I receive the image of a battery icon indicating that I must plug it in to charge for use. This is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Shifted

I realize this is an old thread but it shows up at the top of a google search so I just thought I would chime in and say the same thing happens to me and it started after the January update as well. The battery never fully charges to 100%. It gets stuck at 99% and sits at 99% for a long time. When it gets down to around 30% it shuts down (or goes to hibernate if I am lucky) and when I turn it on the battery is at 0%. I have fully reinstalled Windows and it doesn't change anything.

do a battery report, go to a command line (cmd) and type:

powercfg /batteryreport /output "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\MyBatteryReport.html"

this will create a file on your desktop called "MyBatteryReport.html" that you can open in your browser.