What's new

again "SYSTEM" process high cpu usage issue

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I discovered that pop up for case, so I tried to follow that steps and download directly to see if it could help, we will see in the day.

Just minutes ago I have some STRANGE behavior of windows. This happen:

for some reason I couldn't maximize the tab I minimized, if I click on tab it try to launch the application again like I was doing in the short cut on the desktop. For example, let's say that I'm running Skyple, and I click the tab reduced/minimized, if I click it launch another login panel to login, or something similar, internet explorer tab minimized, I click it and was launching a new IE not that tab minimized... while if I go with rollover of the mouse on the tab and I see the preview it came back on the screen, just on the click it had this strange behavior. I decided to restart so windows.
When I did I had a blue screen with 4 big icons 1 sayd Exit and continue with windows 8.1, another saying if I want to start a recovery, other 2 I don't remember, something like that, I could make a print screen, I could make a photo with mobile.

Happened to you this sometime? strange behavior, I was a bit scary.

Update: now that I remember, happened that I had 2 photos on the desktop and one got stuck and I couldn't open or delete and was saying "photos" that couldn't open it, so may be that this caused some crash of windows and unresponsive behavior. Now that I think to it I think that caused some issue. Now it's all fine after reboot.

Last edited:
OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I was forced to do to try to find a solution to my issue, it's windows update that obligatory download it and each 1 month will do it again and again, for what I understood.
May be who doesn't have the system process issue at 35% has it that run in background without cause issues, so MRT.com was already executed in your machine, report was already positive with no issues, and it has finished to stress for now your surface. May be something like that.
Or may be I'm the unique to worry about CPU at 35% and I should live it like 1 hour and may be that in background something finish the job and will never happen than it again. But if each 3 minutes idle I should see CPU at 35% and wait for waste the machine a day, I don't want it, I don't think it's normal.
We will see how finish this day, week-end is near, may be just to be sure I will reset the pc as somebody says it make sp3 better than when it was new.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

If you uninstall you will have the next windows update download it again... and run may be immediately sending up crazy the Cpu. Today no issues...... I finished to work now, I will make 15 minutes tests, and then I go to sleep! Let's see, if I don't write you everything is fine (24 hours!!!).

ctitanic

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I'm sure to have read that: this MRT is something will always download/update surface each 1 month. It will perform just one scan and get a report. (I don't know if was for this update, I remember also that will be the 2nd tuesday of each month) Then you wait another month etc etc.
Infact as I eliminated it, at the next windows update check it found me it to download again, and I had to download it again because I'm updating all windows updates.

yes I know this. I can't leave the pc 2/3 minutes and they start... sending the pc to burn. What to do so? it's impossible to work and/or leave the pc for a break.
Juste leave them alone and it'll eventually finish, no virus at all, just normal behind-the-scenes Windows maintenance programs running.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

here again, this morning start again the issue.

How can be normal this? I should allow this pc to do this 35/40% cpu usage as I leave it alone 3 minutes? it's not normal, why so Microsoft would use 40% cpu usage each time I leave my pc for 3 minutes. It's annoying, I can't leave the pc and wait who knows how much it finish to use my cpu at 35/40%. I need to work with pc, so I will touch it and cpu will go down. But to know that as I leave it the cpu go up give not peace to me.
It's like you leave your car with engine on, and you just go 10 meters away from it and the car give big power to engine scaring you.......it's insane! :(
image.jpg

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

May be that to your surfaces this is not a problem? with 35/40% cpu usage the temperature of cpu goest to 80/90 degrees, now I reinstall intel tuning and I will show what happen in that minutes.