What's new

am i the only one who is going to miss the charms bar?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You probably aren't the only one but your numbers may be few.

Please join me in prayer or sacrifice to applicable Gods for Microsoft to find/stumble-upon a consistent logical UI. I realize this will be like betting on evolution to produce a specific species and the odds are long that the UI DNA mutates in the appropriate fortuitous manner. We can still hope. :)

kundas1

I never liked the charms bar nor did I use it that much... or tried to as less as possible LOL

dleuen

I don't like or dislike the charms bar but I did find it convenient sometimes. In the brief time I tried Windows 10 (January build) I just didn't find it tablet friendly at all. So in that respect yes, I will miss the charms bar.

leeshor

I'm fairly certain nobody will be forced to upgrade from 8.1. But, I pointed out a/the charms bar can be added to Win10.

I used computers before there were mice, in fact, I used them before there were keyboards; you input your information on punch cards. The charms bar is fine. Whatever comes next may or may not be an improvement (to me); it will just be the next thing I have to learn to get things done with these devices- on which I've become far too dependent.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used computers before there were mice, in fact, I used them before there were keyboards; you input your information on punch cards. The charms bar is fine. Whatever comes next may or may not be an improvement (to me); it will just be the next thing I have to learn to get things done with these devices- on which I've become far too dependent.
So how did you punch those cards??? Hammer and chisel?
Actually not so far off on early models :)
pantograph.gif

ibm001.gif

CrippsCorner

I think the only thing I use it for is connecting to Wi-Fi networks and occasionally screen brightness/volume settings. I miss the Sidebar more!