What's new

am i the only one who is going to miss the charms bar?

bluegrass

I broke into this business servicing keypunches, verifiers, & sorters for MAI Equipment back in 69'. Can you believe that punch cards were used as the equivalent of micro computers bios in an IBM 360 model 30. Third party computer maintenance and field service has been good to me for the past 46 years now. I'm still at it full time, but it's getting tougher to learn new stuff. I noticed that most of the crowd here on this forum know much more than I do about these Surfaces but that's alright, I'll learn a thing or two from them.

I'm a sentimental guy and the only reason I miss the charms bar is that it reminds me of of the thrill I got when I brought home my first Surface back in October of 2012. I loved MY RT and have loved every one that followed all the way up to the Surface 3 that I have now.

Last edited:

compnovo

I'm a sentimental guy and the only reason I miss the charms bar is that it reminds me of of the thrill I got when I brought home my first Surface back in October of 2012. I loved MY RT and have loved every one that followed all the way up to the Surface 3 that I have now.
Ditto,
I just got used to the charms bar when I had my RT and still use it occasionally on my SP3. I use the charms bar OFTEN on my Stream 7 tablet because I spend almost all of my time in the MUI on that device.
However, I adapted to the charms bar and have adapted to the changes in Windows 10, so it's no big deal.