What's new

Amazon

Does anyone know if Amazon will be selling the Surface 2? I'd like to get it from there since I have a lot of credit, but if I can't I guess I could get a Type Cover from them instead...

They still don't have it listed, so I've been wondering if they're not going to stock it.

oion

I don't believe Amazon will let you preorder the new Surfaces.

Moreover, I don't believe Amazon itself ever sold the Surface; I seem to remember any listing on Amazon was by a 3rd party through Amazon fulfillment, and some of the early reviews there commented on the significant price markups. And the first gens through these 3rd parties now could be refurbs, who knows.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/where-to-buy

So far, the most common places to preorder are through Microsoft itself and Best Buy (U.S., don't know about other countries).

Of course, if you do have all that extra credit as gifts and don't mind being potentially gouged, Amazon's 3rd party sellers will most likely start listing the second gens after the release date, which is Oct. 22.

slvrdrgn123

For something like this, I would recommend getting directly from MS because the customer service is spectacular if you ever have any problems with it. If not then at least get it from a b&m store nearby.

thewangatang

Has anyone found anything out about this? I too have to buy my surface 2 from amazon and I am getting very antsy. Will they offer it anytime soon do you think?

oion

Has anyone found anything out about this? I too have to buy my surface 2 from amazon and I am getting very antsy. Will they offer it anytime soon do you think?

Please read my first post. I'm quite certain now that Amazon has never sold the Surface--they're definitely not one of the listed MS vendors. If you buy a Surface from the Amazon website, you're buying from a "marketplace" third party seller even if Amazon handles fulfillment. That means when Surface 2 appears on Amazon is up to those resellers. Also read the reviews; many have pointed out that when the resellers started selling first generations, they raised the prices quite a bit. Be sure to compare to Microsoftstore.com. Is there any reason why you can't buy from Microsoft?