What's new

AMI DUOS

Oh I really do love what my surface is capable of, however, as a student and professional, one thing that I really do need is certain apps that the windows store does not seem to have any luck in carrying. Enter in AMI DUOS and its ability to load Google Play apps onto my system...this should solve the problem but the massive use of RAM that AMI DUOS uses makes it virtually impossible to run this alongside any other programs or screens on my S3. Does anyone else have this issue? Is the only fix to go up to a pro model with 8GB of RAM? I hope not, because I really like the size of the s3 for reading and studying. Please help, I am, not as compter savy as the rest of y'all and am really on a budget. This was an expense for me but its become so frustrating to exit out of AMI DUOS, especially because it takes forever to reopen ..Thanks in advance... Steve

leeshor

I not certain I have seen any posts suggesting the S3 be used for ANY emulator. It's just not up to the task. The fix would likely be a better processor, maybe more RAM. You might consider a really inexpensive Android tablet for your Android apps.

nnthemperor

Yeah, I'm with Leeshor on this. Was among the earliest adopters of DuOS, but the massive resource use even on my SP3 and the battery drain makes it only a demo solution, not for real life use. The devs have tried over the years to reduce the resource footprint, but that's more like baby steps that are barely noticeable. Either an Android phablet or tablet will be a better solution.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

molki

Ho, Iam also searching for an android solution only for some apps. Iam looking forward to install remix os. This should solve the ram issue because this is a dual boot solution.

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk