What's new

Anandtech review up

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Battery life is a bit of a let-down, and the charging time even more so. I'd say that's borderline unacceptable. It really illustrates the fact that they should have just bit the bullet and gone USB-C for charging. They could have gotten normal charging performance, and when they have to inevitably make the change anyhow in the not-too-distant-future it will be one less variation of charging style for a lineup that has already had too many revisions in its short life.

I'd say it's more along the lines of perfectly acceptable. It is pretty much exactly as i expected. USB charging has always been a joke for tablets.

zhenya

The thing is, it no longer has to be that way, and now, because of that decision, the Surface 3 is in the unenviable position of having battery life at the very low end of modern tablets, and the longest charging time.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing is, it no longer has to be that way, and now, because of that decision, the Surface 3 is in the unenviable position of having battery life at the very low end of modern tablets, and the longest charging time.
I guess we will find out soon enough if a heftier charger will speed things up or not.