What's new

annoying desciption boxes

golfsferr

Please help, I keep getting these annoying link description boxes. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 of them on my page that I'm trying to read. How do I get rid of them. I have googled this several times and tried many suggestion that I've found but nothing is working. Thanks for your help. Example is below.

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 642

leeshor

I'm not certain what the other prompts are but that one looks a little suspicious. I would install Malwarebytes and do a scan to be certain you don't have something running that shouldn't be there.

OP
G

golfsferr

Thanks for your feedback.
I have actually done a malware scan and found nothing of consequences. The prompt I showed you came up when I clicked on a link in AOL of some funny pictures that people have taken. They pop up on all kinds of innocent links. But I'll do another scan. Thanks.

leeshor

Are you syncing anything to the cloud, like OneDrive?

What are some of the other prompts?

malberttoo

Does it still happen if you use a different browser? Have you gone through your Control Panel> Programs and Features, and looked for anything suspicious?

OP
G

golfsferr

I looked in programs and didn't see anything I didn't put there on purpose.
It seems to happen in explorer and chrome. That's all I use. At the moment it's not happening as much as usual which seems to always happen when one "goes to the doctor". When it's bad I'll have 2 or 3 of them on the screen and can't see what I want to see. Thanks