What's new

Another feature that I like

ctitanic

The speakers new location, that's a huge improvement compared to previous versions.

WP_20140706_006.jpg

malberttoo

Same here! I would never expect quality out of laptop/tablet speakers, as most of them are in terrible locations anyways.

But I have been impressed with the volume of the SP3's.

VickiFL

I didn't have previous SP's to compare against the SP3 but I am happy with the speakers.

I don't either. The SP3 is my first Surface, but the speaker's feel like they could be louder to me. I'm used to regular laptop speakers, though. It seems that hybrids speaker volume is a little lower, even on the maximum setting? Does anyone else feel the same way?

VickiFL

Hmm, accessories... hearing aids??? or headphones...
I'm thinking little megaphones over the speakers would be esthetically undesirable.

I'm not deaf, and I don't need a hearing aid. In fact, my hearing is quite excellent, thank you. :)

I've used my Bluetooth when watching movies, and listening to music, but I was looking for another option.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious Frank. What are you trying to show us with the photo. I heard the speakers are on the top left and right side of the Surface. I looks like you may be trying to show the up and down volume control.
Frank forgot to circle the speaker in the photo like he usually would.

kundas1

well I can see exactly what he took a pic of, the left speaker... it's abundantly clear to me ;)

Gary.M

After the tinny and quiet sound from my sp1 I too agree that the position and quality of the speakers is much improved on the sp3. Previously I had to boost the volume on VLC media player, now 100% sounds too loud some times