What's new

Another NOOBEE...

peteb2

Hi everyone. This is my 1st post here after becoming a happy (sort of) owner of an i7 256GB Surface Pro 3. The reason is that i own just about every kind of computer or gadget you can imagine because i am an electronics engineer and in my work i meet up with any of these devices on a daily basis, probably owing to the increasing BYOD attitude of fellow workmates. (I really like to be able to resolve, or at least attempt to, any problems colleagues are having with their personal machine before they hit the poor over-loaded IT dept)...

I see a varity of iPads or iPhones , Macbooks and Android devices, mostly with interfacing issues with other equipments as the most common but sometimes its an ultrabook PC and usually that kind of thing has to go to the IT department because i soon find someone has installed something and now a driver is gone!. Recently in the last couple of months, (probably because of the great incentive deals from Microsoft), i'm seeing folks with Surface Pro 3 units and it annoys me up to now i have had to say i know zip-nadda about them.....

I bought mine Friday last, with a case and keyboard and have essentially used it for everything at home so far this weekend, once i set it up. There's one issue though (i have to keep swapping WiFi connections otherwise i end up having timeouts from common websites). I am going to have to ask for help so i shall be making another post.