What's new

Anti-slip pads for Surface Pro 3

Tobias Hjorth

I'm traveling a lot by train and find the SP 3 to be sliding around some when I'm only using the kickstand and less when using the keyboard.

Do you know where to buy some anti-slip pads or similar solution?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Flip the keyboard under and open the kick stand over the keyboard and it won't slip.... This trick can also be used to add stability in your lap.

OP
Tobias Hjorth

Tobias Hjorth

Thanks for all the suggestions but do they not solve my issue. This is because I failed to clarify I usually if not always am placed in a table seat with another passanger next to me and on the other side of the table another passanger faceing me. We all have to share this small table so often there's only space for one laptop. So folded the keyboard under takes too much space as I only have the space the kickstand gives me when in the most vertical position. A solution could be just hold the tablet but for a 4 hours trip it's much more convienient for place it on the table even when watching movies etc. :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gum? or small rubber tubing split down the side slipped over the edge of the kickstand either the full length or 1-2 inches on either side. Adhesive 1 inch rubber strips on the Kickstand. When I need to "fix" something, I browse Home Depot, Lowes, or a Craft Shop for ideas.

You can get adhesive clear or colored dots for the back if you're going to lay it flat but that wont work when upright with the kickstand.

Last edited:

malberttoo

Thanks for all the suggestions but do they not solve my issue. This is because I failed to clarify I usually if not always am placed in a table seat with another passanger next to me and on the other side of the table another passanger faceing me. We all have to share this small table so often there's only space for one laptop. So folded the keyboard under takes too much space as I only have the space the kickstand gives me when in the most vertical position. A solution could be just hold the tablet but for a 4 hours trip it's much more convienient for place it on the table even when watching movies etc. :)

Seems like you could find some kind of small, rubbery (grippy) mat and just cut it down to size.