What's new

Any benefits to owning more than one stylus?

bluegrass

I definitely wanted to have a backup stylus in case I misplaced or lost the original. I know it's been discussed on another thread but I picked up a compatible stylus off of Amazon right after I purchased my SP3. It cost less than $15. It doesn't have the top button but other than that, it works & feels great.

mtalinm

I picked up a second one in case I lost the first. haven't yet. but it's a nice insurance policy.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It really depends on your usage, and forgetfulness.

I have two, first ones side buttons stopped working so MS sent me a replacement stating it could be nothing but a hardware issue (didn't want me to return it, just told me to bin it), pulled the old one out of the drawer a week later and it worked as new. It's still sat in the drawer though. Unlike an argument for a second charger, because of it's size, plugging in etc, with a pen, well i can't really find an argument as to why you can't just carry your pen around wherever the surface goes.

bluegrass

Sometimes you need a pen to make a selection in a desktop program because objects can get really small that you need to select and you just can't do it with your finger.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK, has anyone tried using two pens at once??? If your a real multitasker you could be twice as productive. :D

zhenya

I will probably end up with a second as I carry mine back and forth from work every day. It'd be nice to leave one attached to the dock and keep another in my bag. One less thing to have to remember twice a day.

Ford Prefect

IDK, has anyone tried using two pens at once??? If your a real multitasker you could be twice as productive. :D

I just tried this.

Result: whichever one is closest to the screen first, works. Other pen appears to be ignored.

Tried to place them simultaneously, but only by hand so not much precision. results appeared consistant: whichever pen the screen "sees" first wins.