What's new

Any Happy SP3 users?

DanL

Definitely very happy with my SP3. It does everything I expected well. I had the SP2, liked it but the SP3 is even better. The screen size and feel are much better for me. This is definitely the most versatile computer I've ever owned. From docking station with external monitor, (I pre-ordered the new docking station) to on it's own with attachable keyboard to all out tablet, the SP3 covers it all. Adding Office 365 into the picture lets me work at home without lugging my company laptop around.

I'm not experiencing any bugs yet. I'm using wireless N 2.4 for now. I just bought the new Netgear Nighthawk R-7000 tonight. I'll set that up this weekend ad see how it goes.
For now the SP3 is exactly what I wanted....till the SP4 comes out. ha-ha. :LOL:

rbpyle

Well, I am definitely struggling with WiFi staying connected and WiFi and Bluetooth devices disappearing after waking from deep sleep. MS support has just been, reboot, reinstall, reboot, reinstall and repeat. I am on the fence and will give MS a little time to sort it out.

docjoe

Traded my gen 1 64 gb surface pro for a 256 gb SP3 this weekend. I am blown away by this device. My original SP1 was OK but not very refined. This device feels like a quantum leap. From the form factor of how much thinner it is to the improved battery life to the improved kickstand to the shockingly good performance in a tablet, this is truly going to be my laptop replacement. I am a physician and recently switched to Dragon for dictating and once I get that loaded onto my SP3, I will be able to use this for everything. As a bonus, it handles all of my Steam games flawlessly (have not tried any of the late generation shooters but wouldn't expect those to run well).

Very pleased with this tech, nicely done Microsoft!

malberttoo

Well, I am definitely struggling with WiFi staying connected and WiFi and Bluetooth devices disappearing after waking from deep sleep. MS support has just been, reboot, reinstall, reboot, reinstall and repeat. I am on the fence and will give MS a little time to sort it out.

If you are happy with your SP3 otherwise, then at least give Microsoft the time they need to address the fix in a driver update, my guess would be one to two weeks. If they haven't fixed, or at least addressed, the issue by then, I wouldn't blame you.

ctitanic

People has to understand that this issue involve another company which is in fact the one that has to create a new driver to address this issue. One that's done, that driver has to go and pass the QA process from both companies. The point is that all that takes time.

MadCruzer

I have the same issue. I have been just "shutting Down" as a workaround. Only takes 10 seconds to re-boot so it's fine for me.

Otherwise, loving this device. It's the perfect size for me. I needed smaller then my HP workstation laptop, but still need some horsepower.. the SP3 fits that bill perfect, and hangs around fine at the house - from the deck, to the kitchen table - to the coffee table. It's always close and ready to work. No issues here. All of the little "bugs" got worked out with the SP1 Pro within a month or two, I am confident the SP3 will stabilize - probably sooner.

Seneleron

Wait, isn't that the same lady who bashed the SP3 as being junk strictly because the keyboard wasn't as solid as the macbook air?

leofric

To the op. I am very happy with the device. I do have a few annoying little bugs but on the whole. Its amazing. I can't wait for it to get better with newer software. I had an HP tc1100 10 years ago and this device is everything I wanted that device to be.

Great!

Ricolando

I'm loving my SP3! Far superior to the SP1 128 GB it replaced, and light years ahead of my first tablet pc (an Asus See Slate). I'm an IT professional who also does sales/consulting, and it's great to have a device that allows me to seamlessly transition between these two roles. There really is nothing more impressive to clients than being able to sign all of their paperwork on the Surface, and immediately getting a digital copy for their own records. I don't have to waste paper or ink, and it really works as a marketing tool and conversation piece. Now all I need is my Power Cover to work on it for those days I want to be completely untethered! For those curious I have the 8/256 model.