What's new

Any Other Surface Pro Forums Out there?

What is the best way to connect, discuss and solve Surface Pro Issues??
This Forum, Facebook, Twitter?

I feel like I am talking to myself :)

Plantje

You posted quite some questions. Give people some time to respond. You can try the Microsoft community but to be honest I never saw that lead to real solutions

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that you are using a device that has just gone up for pre-order for consumers and up onto this point is targeted at Enterprise Customers. I'm getting to all of your threads...

Plantje

When it comes to GPS you need to be aware that the apps written for Android and iOS are written with the availability of a GPS sensor in mind; a lot of applications for Windows that do use GPS expect a separate bluetooth or USB GPS device.
And when it comes to Google maps etc you cannot compare it to Google maps on your Android device. On your Android device you're using an app; on Windows you're using the website.
If you want to use something like Google maps to navigate you'll have to resort to Android and iOS devices. However they have other disadvantages that the Windows machines don't have.

Turbo4AWD

Agreed, this forum does run rather slowly. Especially when compared to the Alienware forums on notebook review. I kinda feel the same way. Feels like Surface Pro users aren't as active.

Users who don't have any issues tend not to seek out forums. I only come here to see if people are experiencing any issues with their Surface Pro 6s after having bought one for myself just after Christmas. I've had no issues myself, and I find it heartening to find a lack of people seeking solutions to problems here.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... I find it heartening to find a lack of people seeking solutions to problems here.

Maytag repairmen are rare.

But seriously, most problems over the last year or so seem to be due to pen failure (pen batteries), laptop battery life and management, and 3rd party SD Card troubles (poor quality/brand).

Plantje

Users who don't have any issues tend not to seek out forums. I only come here to see if people are experiencing any issues with their Surface Pro 6s after having bought one for myself just after Christmas. I've had no issues myself, and I find it heartening to find a lack of people seeking solutions to problems here.
I have added this forum to my Feedly RSS feeds. If I see something interesting or something that I think I can help, I open it and if possible try to help.

Technically what I dislike about the forum is the fact that if opened on a SP in split screen mode the ads go over parts of the text. This happens as well if you have it full screen and zoom in to get the text to a readable size. Something really should be done to that!

And agreed... people do only look on forums if they have issues.

Despite quite some issues with my Surface 3 (and now unfortunately it seems that I also have screen issues with my SP) I still really love the whole Surface family!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This happens as well if you have it full screen and zoom in to get the text to a readable size. Something really should be done to that!

Interesting … I have the very low cost AdBlock Plus extension to Edge installed, and as a result have never seen this on my SP3 or Surface Book. In fact, I didn't even know this site had ads. o_O

Plantje

I never use an ad blocker. I think it supports web page owners to maintain low costs and keep sites up to date. Try it without one :)