What's new

Any Powerbanks for use with SP3?

ChrisPanzer

Wow, just glanced at it quickly but this item looks like a great buy... check it out!

For $100, as my grandfather used to say (god rest his soul), "....can't beat that with a stick!"

9vfw9j.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFMUBYG?psc=1

Russ

The Power Castle 26000 will do the job.

Michael --
That is an excellent unit. I got one for Ladyfriend to use on the Atlanta/Tokyo leg of her travels (and return). That's about 15 hours of on-plane time, and she likes to watch movies on the SP1. Given its weight, she doesn't lug it around on her in-country travels, instead leaves it at her condo to pick up for the flight home. As you know, MP4's use a lot of battery. (My other contribution is converting her Chinese DVDs to MP4 for her next trip.)

I have an Energizer 18000 that I mostly use when I'm in an all-day business meeting and not close to a wall socket. Both of those, and the connections thereto, are products of the great DIY Power Projects shortly after the SP1 release. That was when some of us relived the old adage about the pioneers taking the arrows.

Take care,
Russ

Russ

In fairness to MikeGyver the only way he could come up with a solution so early was to buy a whole spare PSU and adapt it or cannibalise it or adapt it as there were no third party sp3 connectors available.

Adrian --
Exactly so. Thank you. We had a community project for accessory power back then, and Mike was also helpful with technical advice, since he had testing capabilities that most of us lacked. There were some fun times -- like discovering that the 3rd party "Pro charger" was really an RT charger and would melt if you hooked it up to a Pro. I bought the 3rd party chargers just to get the connectors -- never got around to melting one.
Take care,
Russ

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The size of these is deceptive, a few show comparison shots and they are over half as long and wide as a Surface and pretty thick. I might hold out for the portable nuclear reactor. :D