What's new

Any Rumors for SP4

Were you disapointed by no SP4 at WIndows 10 event ?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Didnt watched

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
With the end of Windows 10 event and introduction of the Surface Hub , I was disapointed that there was no SP4 , so does any one has any rumors cultivating for the Sp4 ?

daniielrp

I'm not disappointed, I'd prefer an announcement when they have a product ready to ship.

The SP3 came out in June, so I hope the SP4 would see a June release too, and an announcement in May.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems MS has hitched the SP4 release to the Windows 10 wagon. I don't expect W10 till fall. I was not expecting an early year SP4 even without the synced timing. Pray they can finish W10 on time.
Oh, well there will be continuous update so I guess it will come finished or not.

They put themselves in a box with this strategy. [do not open before X, do not open after X] what's in the box?
It's like a box of chocolates :)

TeknoBlast

Not disappointed at all. They were more focused on Windows 1 more than anything else. Would of been great if they announced a Surface Mini, but looks like that's never going to happen. :(

kristalsoldier

I think they would prefer to showcase the Surface Pro4 in an independent event. And why not? Its also kind of obvious that the SP4 will come with W10 preinstalled and possibly optimized.

dave1

With the end of Windows 10 event and introduction of the Surface Hub , I was disapointed that there was no SP4 , so does any one has any rumors cultivating for the Sp4 ?

Not disappointed at all. This is a show for Windows 10 and why muddy the waters with another one that deserves its own separate show?

So expect the SP4 showcase from spring time for a summer release or perhaps a bit later - and yes SP4 and Windows 10 will most definitely launch together; just a logical expectation if Microsoft play this right.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
... possibly optimized.
Optimist :)

MS PMM will guarantee neither product is 'finished' when released. Office will ship on top of it - same. I'm expecting one hot mess and lots of major updates after the fact.

That's the statistical track record. I'm a realist.

kristalsoldier

Well, I think MS just covered themselves on the account of "finished" software by talking about rolling upgrades/ updates...something similar to spiral deployment methods, I guess. But the hardware - in this case the SP4 - should be optimized and the software specific to it will also probably be optimized. Of course, this allows them to screw things up with their first update to the system and to its accompanying software though. And, I agree...MS does have an enviable track record in doing this kind of stuff!!!

Last edited: