Any TPU cases?

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by lookingforward, Jun 28, 2015.

1. lookingforward

lookingforward New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I want to bring my Surface 3 to the gym and rest it on cardio machines. In the past, I used an Asus Transformer Infinity tablet paired with a soft TPU case that was easy to clean. I'm surprised I haven't been able to find a TPU case for the S3 when I want to use it purely as a tablet without the.kickstand. Have you guys heard of one coming to the market?

2. Johnny365

Johnny365 Member

Nope, can't say I have. We would all like TPU cases, but that goes against the keyboard dock and built in stand. You'd have to scrounge up enough buyers and do a bulk buy from a fabrication plant.

3. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Is there any special characteristic of a TPU case, except that it's squishy and rubbery?

4. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    bringing a tablet that size is obnoxious and cumbersome, why not stick with a phone or MP3 player? not only do you have to worry about bringing it to each machine and finding a place for such a huge device, but if it will fall and break... I just don't understand people :rolleyes:

5. lookingforward

lookingforward New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    The Surface 3 is neither obnoxious or uncomfortable to use on a treadmill or elliptical. I don't carry it around when I'm using weight machines. When I owned the Asus Transformer, it was perfect for reading books, magazines, and watching movies when doing 45 - 60 minutes of cardio. The machines have holders where the tablet safely rests. I like TPU cases because they are easy to wipe down while providing ample cushioning.