What's new

Any way to keep icons in place after rotation?

I've noticed that the icons on the desktop shuffle around when you rotate to portrait, which is fine, but they don't reassume their previous landscape positions when you rotate back to landscape...any fix for this? I like to have my recycle bin in the lower right corner but it keeps moving to the middle of the screen after rotating to portrait and back. Appreciate any help, I searched but couldn't find any answers.

ctitanic

I have not found a way. Long time ago I used a software that saved your icon positions and restore them when needed. But I don't remember the name of it now.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd agree that this is annoying not just on the desktop but also the Start Screen if you use external monitors it plays musical chairs with your icons. I had to stop the syncing as well because then it shuffles the icons on multiple devices. dumb and dumber.

mitchellvii

What I really want is an app that autorotates the taskbar. I want it on the side in landscape and on the bottom in portrait.

daonei

I've noticed that the icons on the desktop shuffle around when you rotate to portrait, which is fine, but they don't reassume their previous landscape positions when you rotate back to landscape...any fix for this? I like to have my recycle bin in the lower right corner but it keeps moving to the middle of the screen after rotating to portrait and back. Appreciate any help, I searched but couldn't find any answers.

check out DesktopOK

http://www.softwareok.com/?Freeware/DesktopOK

Jonrobs

Stardock fences is what I use as well. It is a perfect solution for keeping things organize. The only feature that does not work well on a table is when you have hidden fences and use the "mouse over" event to make the fence and all the icons contained in it reappear.