What's new

Any way to stay awake during network file transfer?

cwy

Or do I have to set power option to "never" going to sleep? My Android devices automatically stay awake during file transfer; the screen may dim but the device never really goes to sleep.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or do I have to set power option to "never" going to sleep? My Android devices automatically stay awake during file transfer; the screen may dim but the device never really goes to sleep.
How are you transferring the file(s).

OP
C

cwy

How are you transferring the file(s).
Practically every android app I've tried was able to stay awake during file transfer: One of those file manager apps with networking ability, the Invelo's DVD Profiler app, etc. If MS wants to compete with other tablets, its tablets need to at least match their abilities instead of inheriting all the inabilities of desktop Windows.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Practically every android app I've tried was able to stay awake during file transfer. One of those file manager apps, the Invelo's DVD Profiler app, etc. If MS wants to compete with other tablets, its tablets need to at least match their abilities instead of inheriting all the inabilities of desktop Windows.
I don't see how that answers the question. I'm nonpulsed but nice rant though.

OP
C

cwy

Practically every android app I've tried was able to stay awake during file transfer: One of those file manager apps with networking ability, the Invelo's DVD Profiler app, etc. If MS wants to compete with other tablets, its tablets need to at least match their abilities instead of inheriting all the inabilities of desktop Windows.
I don't see how that answers the question. I'm nonpulsed but nice rant though.

Use an Android and you'll see. There is a reason why Android has the biggest market share while the Surface line is in its THIRD YEAR and still can't move out of the lemon factory.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use an Android and you'll see. There is a reason why Android has the biggest market share while the Surface line is in its THIRD YEAR and still can't move out of the lemon factory.
Ignoring... have a nice life.