What's new

Anybody got notification that their SP4 i7 shipped?

Just wondering. Mine still says "In process" A few weeks ago, I think it used to say "Pre-order" but I could be wrong. Still says Ships by Nov 20th. My accessories said Ships by Oct 26th but never shipped. I'm guessing they'll ship all at once.

Nope, not yet.

I got my type cover more than two weeks ago, lol, I don't know why they sent it out separately. My guess is that we will get ship notifications today for the i7's. There are several people in the Surface Reddit that already picked up their i7's from the MS Store and benchmarked them. So they are on their way...

I am waiting on i7/16GB/512GB

OP
S

starstreak

Well I ordered the cover w/thumbprint scanner and the xtra nibs same day as the sp4. Dunno why didn't ship if others did.
I text chatted. Said it SHOULD ship tomorrow and I should get it 3-7 days. :( I asked if I could pay for faster shipping. He said its there when I ordered it. I other it month ago so I can't see that screen. Umm dunno. Sheesh.

over 60% better Graphics as i5??? Ok, I was not expecting that. I think I might be taking use of Microsofts 30 day return policy. That's insane.

OP
S

starstreak

Funny. I posted this and now I get confirmation my nibs and keyboard has been shipped. Nothing about the SP4 yet. Augh

OP
S

starstreak

Hmm I hope mine works as well. I'll be happy upgrading from my SP2. Please MS ship it today so I can get it by Monday. Or send it next day. :)

Hmm I hope mine works as well. I'll be happy upgrading from my SP2. Please MS ship it today so I can get it by Monday. Or send it next day. :)
There is more then a few separate benchmarks showing for the sp4 over the past 24 hours. they are all showing 60-80% better than the sp4 i5 for graphics, so I think yours should be working similarly. I heard how the fast edram should make it run more like a dedicated gpu from 2013, but i never believed it. The i7 sp3 struggled to get 14% faster than the i5, and when pushed actually ran slower than the i5 in certain situations due to excessive heat and throttling. That's a big improvement there. Well done MS! Kind of makes the surface book look a little superfluous though...

OP
S

starstreak

OMG, Microsoft your F&$%ing teaser.
So you mailed out both my keyboard and nibs early on Thursday. I find out now you sent if NEXT DAY. I'll get it tomorrow. Yay? Then I get another email that my SP4 shipped out.... Wait for it... 2nd day! I'll get it on Monday! WTH? I guess I can poke on a keyboard for now.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you mailed out both my keyboard and nibs early on Thursday. I find out now you sent if NEXT DAY. I'll get it tomorrow. Yay? Then I get another email that my SP4 shipped out.... Wait for it... 2nd day! I'll get it on Monday! WTH? I guess I can poke on a keyboard for now.
To screw up like that a human had to be involved. :)

A robot would send you a tablet cover/case instead of a USB cable like I got from Amazon ;) of course the human mislabeled it to begin with :)

Last edited:
I would love to hear from you how the temperature of the device feels like when your using it for anything a little strenuous (Cad, Games, Video editing etc) if you do any of those.