What's new

Anybody got notification that their SP4 i7 shipped?

Oliver_Reymann

I just received a mail from MS-Store telling me that they are not able to deliver SP4 I7 16GB/512GB until december 10'th because this date was announced by mistake.
(they originally told me november 20'th for availability).
An updated date of availability has not been mentioned.
They gave me a 50€ coupon code.

I hope the SP4 will be almost free of mentioned bugs whenever I receive it.

edit:
I think they mean that november 20'th was a mistake and december 10'th is the correct date for availability!?

Last edited:

Toddard

Here's my interchange with their "talk to an expert" widget on the order account page:

==========================================

Hi. Thank you for visiting Microsoft Store Website! My name is Celeste. How may I help you?

You: at 8:48:45
On 10/6 I ordered a Surface Pro 4 256GB / i7. My order history states that it will ship by November 20. Can you confirm the ship date? Order # xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Celeste: at 8:53:20
I see, if on your order history states that this will be ship by Nov 20. I suggest that you may still wait until by the end of this day for your product to ship. Because the system will still update.

===========================================

That response doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

My guess is that a lot of us will find out that ours shipped out yesterday or today, but we won't get notifications for a while yet.

Their inventory management system is clearly not up to par, those poor customer service reps are probably waiting on some huge batch update from the warehouses.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still nothing from MS online store for me, kind of regretting ordering from there now, should have just gone with Amazon. Anyone else getting any ship notifications on i7?
IDK if they changed for the i7s but the earlier models Amazon didn't ship until release day while MS and others delivered on release day in the US.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is that a lot of us will find out that ours shipped out yesterday or today, but we won't get notifications for a while yet.

Their inventory management system is clearly not up to par, those poor customer service reps are probably waiting on some huge batch update from the warehouses.
Those CS reps are like mushrooms. ;)

IDK if they changed for the i7s but the earlier models Amazon didn't ship until release day while MS and others delivered on release day in the US.
I got my SP4 I5 on release day in Germany. I was very shocked as there was no news at all, until I got an email that morning from MS that it was coming.

jbowden

Did you ever get a ship notification? Or it just showed up on your doorstep from MS online store?

I purchased it at the local MS Store. No reservation. I went in when they opened and got it. The Store person said they had a few extras after filling all their reservations.