What's new

anyone else not like the touch type cover? let me count the way but....

sillyrabbitt123

i have a few questions first.

anyway to change the sensitivity to the track pad? anyone else have problems right clicking? its making me batty. if i use the two finger gesture it works 50% of the time and the only other way to get right click unless i am missing something is to precisely hit bottom right corner pefectly. any other way to right click easier? any other type covers to buy from a third party that makes it better? it gets dirty as anything as well. i am constantly cleaning it :( scrolling is WAY to slow.

another issue with my SP is i feel web pages load a little slowly. think something is wrong with my particular unit?

thanks

kristalsoldier

I have the Type Cover, which works well with me. Like this afternoon I spent a few hours at a coffee shop reading and writing. I wrote out about 3K words using the Type Cover with no problems at all. This is quite a normal scenario for me. Even at work, I spend most of my time at the onsite café and work from there!

Now, I am thinking of getting the Touch Cover because when I use my Surface for reading (and I spend hours reading!), the Type Cover feels odd folded back. So, I remove it. But I dislike removing and putting on the covers over and over again. Which is why I am thinking that if I get the Touch cover may be for the reading sessions I would use the Touch Cover, which I can also use (hopefully) for writing short emails and OneNote entries. But when I stop to think about it, 99.99 quid for the Touch cover seems a bit too much just to make me feel comfortable while holding the tablet while reading.

To get back to the point though, I have not experienced any problems - thus far - with the Type Cover, which I use extensively!

ArnoldC

Other than getting dirty, which i've overcome by putting on a cover, the Touch Cover works 100% for me. No performance issue, other than my typing.

lcmoody

My touch kb is super sensitive to the point where it is almost uncomfortable to try to use it because have to be so deliberate with keystrokes, making sure I do not slide a finger onto another key. Is there a way to change the sensitivity and turn off the track pad? My thumbs tend to touch the track pad when typing and I never know where the cursor my wind up. Also, the other night while using my mouse and my hands not anywhere near the kb, I heard the KB click, later the volume control status bar popped up. Occasionally the cursor would jump to a spot when I didn't even move the mouse. I seems that this might be a hardware problem. Your thoughts please.

joudbren

I have the Type Cover, which works well with me. Like this afternoon I spent a few hours at a coffee shop reading and writing. I wrote out about 3K words using the Type Cover with no problems at all. This is quite a normal scenario for me. Even at work, I spend most of my time at the onsite café and work from there!

Now, I am thinking of getting the Touch Cover because when I use my Surface for reading (and I spend hours reading!), the Type Cover feels odd folded back. So, I remove it. But I dislike removing and putting on the covers over and over again. Which is why I am thinking that if I get the Touch cover may be for the reading sessions I would use the Touch Cover, which I can also use (hopefully) for writing short emails and OneNote entries. But when I stop to think about it, 99.99 quid for the Touch cover seems a bit too much just to make me feel comfortable while holding the tablet while reading.

To get back to the point though, I have not experienced any problems - thus far - with the Type Cover, which I use extensively!

I'm getting used to the feel of the Type cover flipped all the way back and it does disable the keys when you do that so no worries on sporadic key presses. One thing I have found that might work for you though is to simply turn the cover around. You can re-attach the Type cover backwards temporarily when you want to fold it out of the way and then you have the felt on the backside instead of the keys. Seems to work fine for me and I do this quite often when I want to put the SP down flat on a table or counter. Felt is face down so it just seems a littler nicer than having the keys face down on the table. Cheers!

daonei

I strongly advise you NOT to get the Touch Cover. It has been extremely frustrating for me and wished that I had bought a Type Cover. I'm holding off hoping that Microsoft will come out with a keyboard/battery combo, but may just jump on the Type Cover. If you want to have a better "feel", you can just flip the cover and connect it backwards so that when you fold the cover, you feel the cover rather than the keys :)

Cambo

I strongly advise you NOT to get the Touch Cover. It has been extremely frustrating for me and wished that I had bought a Type Cover. I'm holding off hoping that Microsoft will come out with a keyboard/battery combo, but may just jump on the Type Cover. If you want to have a better "feel", you can just flip the cover and connect it backwards so that when you fold the cover, you feel the cover rather than the keys :)
Most people like the touch cover as do i.just because you had a bad experience, its not a good enough reason to tell others not to get it