What's new

Anyone got the new Win 10 update on (creators) - how does it run?

MrMrMr

Anyone on a basic, lowest spec S3 got the nearest Win 10 creators update on yet? How does it run?

Is it better/worse, slower/faster, more/less responsive etc please?

Thanks

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're not in a hurry give it a month or two. I ran into wifi issues like some other people but others seem fine so... do you feel lucky, well do ya? If it wasn't for the USB wifi adapter I have I would have rolled back. Otherwise it's been pretty good for me. had a couple of weird spurious sound emissions, white noise or maybe it was a different color. :)

OP
M

MrMrMr

If you're not in a hurry give it a month or two. I ran into wifi issues like some other people but others seem fine so... do you feel lucky, well do ya? If it wasn't for the USB wifi adapter I have I would have rolled back. Otherwise it's been pretty good for me. had a couple of weird spurious sound emissions, white noise or maybe it was a different color. :)

Haven't seen much info on it, so there is reported WiFi issues, pretty much makes it a brick to me if had this. Don't have an adapter etc either.

How about general use then please? Speed/slowdowns etc?

I'm happy to try though if it's mostly ok as it's more of a secondary device.

MickeyLittle

I'm on a Surface Book and it is fine for me. Just remember that other than a couple of hours you can easily roll back to your current version of Windows 10 so you really have nothing to lose rather than time and the 10GB-12GB of storage that the old Windows will take up on your hard drive.

In fact it is running so good for me that I went ahead yesterday and deleted that so I can't roll back any longer.

OP
M

MrMrMr

Thanks. A surface book does have a lot more grunt though than my little surface 3, only is a Atom 1.6Ghz 2Gb RAM.

Think I'll try, is there much to the actual update apart from fixes, bugs and a new 3D programme I believe, which my S3 might not run?

SEANT

I put it on my S3 a couple of weeks ago and, so far, it seems to run pretty well. Initially, a persistent screeching lead me to believe that it mucked up my sound/speakers, but I later found out that the update had turned the Mic back on, and that the screeching was just feedback.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Granted I've the 4gb model S3, but it runs just fine, wouldn't even know I had the update.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It runs well on my S3 as well but it is the high end one with 4GB RAM and 128GB eMMC.